Thursday 5 May 2016

We have been learning about the importance of being kind to others. We watched the story of 'How full is your bucket' and retold it. We then made a google picture of ways we can fill peoples buckets.






How Full Is Your Bucket?


Felix was building a big tall tower made of blocks that day until his little sister entered the room. “Can I play with you Felix?” asked Felix’s little sister Anna. “NO you can’t! you’re too little.” Felix replied selfishly.
“No I’m not! no I’m NOT! I’m big!” Anna screamed at her brother really loudly. “Go and play with your baby toys, Anna.” Felix said sheepishly to his sister.


But just there was this big THWACK! “Grandpa!” Felix bellowed. Grandpa came walking into the room. “What happened here.” Grandpa asked. Felix didn’t want to answer. “It was all Felix’s fault!” moaned Anna.
“Felix. You just dipped from your sisters bucket. Like everyone else Anna has an invisible bucket. When it's empty she feels bad. But when it is full she feels great. Didn’t you ever notice your own bucket?” Grandpa asked Felix.

The next morning when Felix woke he looked above him and there was a grey bucket floating in mid air above his head. That morning he went down stairs for breakfast his mum shouted “Hurry up Felix! I’ve got a meeting this morning so hurry up please!” As he reached for the cupboard he slipped and all the choco wheats spilled all over the floor. “HA HA HA HA HA.” Came a taunting voice. “Felix! Hurry up and clean up that mess before you miss the school bus,” his Mum scolded.


When Felix walked onto the school bus the first thing he heard was “nice backpack Felix. My baby brother has one just like it!” DRIP. As soon as Felix sat down at his desk he felt himself be jabbed in the side. “Out of the way SHRIMP!” DRIP. For the rest of the morning Felix was feeling mad, mad, mad and Felix’s bucket was feeling almost empty. As his class walked into the room he secretly hoped they would trip and fall. That's what it feels like to have an empty bucket. Felix slumped into his seat and waited for something bad to happen. Mrs Bumble Nickel walked slowly up to his desk and handed him a paper. Ugh! He could hardly bear to look.

“Felix! You wrote a wonderful story!Would you please share it with the class!” Felix grinned and felt a big drop land right in his bucket. DROP! “The Giganotosaurus who wanted a pet, by me, Felix.” The class grew quiet. They laughed at the all the right places and oohed at the scary parts. When Felix finally read the end everyone clapped even Emily who sat next to him and did not really like dinosaurs. Felix felt a whole lots of showering drops land in his bucket. Maybe the rest of the day wouldn’t be so bad after all. DROP! “The team captains today are Veronica and…. Felix!” DROP!
“Nice cow.”
“Umm its a dog.”
“Well nice colours Felix.” DROP!
“Cool laser backpack Felix!” DROP!
That afternoon Felix’s bucket was feeling almost full. At recess Felix looked around and noticed Grandpa was right. Everyone else had a bucket too! “Hey! here’s your baseball, catch!” Felix said.
“Thanks dude.” DROP!
“Hi, first day?” DROP!
“Yes, I’m Amir.” DROP!
The strange thing was that for every DROP he helped put in someone else’s bucket, he felt another DROP in his own bucket!



When Felix got home after school, he shouted “You were right Grandpa! I do have a bucket! And I understand how it works!” Then he saw Anna’s torn up doll. “Bad Dog!” he almost scolded. Then he thought. Dogs might have invisible buckets too. “Your doll will be ok Anna” said Felix.
“Mum will fix her. Until then, do you want to help me build the tallest building in the world with my blocks?” and so they did.
By Zoe Gilmore
The End.


Ezra Jepson


Mia Doull


Mitchell Javins


Reitu McKibbin


Saffyre Harper


Sarah Blackman


Zoe Gilmore


Will Codlin


32 comments:

  1. Hi paihia,
    These egsamples are GREAT and I love all the picks that you put in.Could you explain a little bit more about, "Filling your bucket", Please. But everything else was

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Room 7,
    I like how you used kind words and manners for your stories.
    Maybe you could use stop motion to animate your learning.

    From Petlisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic way to learn about being kind to others. I really enjoyed reading your re-count of the story. Great pictures too. Keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys it is me George from Hay park school I just want to say that your photos are really cool because it is about making others happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this story.I have a question for you.What does sheepishly mean? I like the pictures that you created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello room 7
    I like the way you use manners.I have a question what is sheepishly?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi guys it's me Ayush I really like what you have done with your blog I like the way you guys have made speech bubbles each time you say something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi room 7

    That is amazing and very good.

    I think that is very cool to learn.

    From Vaidika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi room 7

    That is amazing and very good.

    I think that is very cool to learn.

    From Vaidika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kia Ora, Paihia School

    It is me Hulita from Hay Park School. I just am so blown. Did you guys enjoy making photos in Google drawings? Did you guys get any help from anyone? WOW! I just remembered that we read a story called fill your bucket and I was so nice to my class.


    Sincerely
    Hulita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi paihia school that is so cool what you did with how did you do that also you used kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello paihai school this really cool it must of took a while To do this did you guys use google drawing or slides for this you guys also used kind words.Come check out my blog at http://isaacn7.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi paihai school!
    this is so cool! i love your art<3
    it would be cool if our school could meet up with yours!
    CHeck out my blog http://paroagreymaliat.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi it's kaley from Paroa school I like what you did on making people happy come check my blog at http://kaleyc7.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi guys its Tess from Paroa school...
    this is very cool you have all done an amazing job i like how you have put in your time and effort to create these

    thanks, go check out my blog tessb@blogspot.com

    bye!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi room 7
    I very like this, it is very cool.
    I will fill my buckets up to. Will you fill your buckets?
    Replay on this link (http://hpsvaidikap.blogspot.co.nz/)

    Thanks

    From Vaidika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi room 7, this is quite a good idea to learn about differences and how some people have short tempers. Good job keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Room 7,
    Wow this is a really great story I think it is good to fill other peoples bucket. You should put more storys up like this.

    From: Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi every one it's me Ayush on your blog again i'm just saying that the posts you guys make are incredible but just some feedback next time try to make it look realistic.That way it will look better and cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Room 7,
    Wow this is a very amazing blog post I like all the writing in all these paragraphs It took me a minute to read it I love it.

    And I love the photos it is so amazing I hope you do more of this on some blog post's.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kia ora Room 7. Once again you have been learning something cool and you have presented your learning well. What an awesome class and teacher. Keep your buckets full.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi my name is Ruby I go to Tautoro School
    And I really liked your story about being kind to each other and I really think this is a great way to show someone how to be nice and hope to see more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruby,
      I agree with what you have said because this does make people change their ways and then end up being treated how they want to be treat by being kind.
      Your Sincerely, Letisha.

      Delete
  23. Hey room 7 my name is Te Aroha and i go to Kawakawa primary. I like your bucket filling :) its a nice way to show how to be kind. Do you guys use these around and out of school? Hope to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi room 7 my name is James and i go to kawakawa primary school.I like your bucket filling.I like the photos and hope you put more cool work on your blog and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice work.
    Please come and visit my blog!!
    My blog
    If this dont work write in kpszaytaleahcblogspot.co.nz.
    THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello my name is Pranav I am from Kawakawa primary school I really like Your fill your bucket please visit my blog



    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello my name is Letisha, I am from Tautoro School. I really liked reading all of the thing about filling your bucket. I think that this is a really good example to show other how to fill your bucket by not letting anyone down. But in other words treat other how you want to be treated. I think that you all done very well and you are representing Paihia School by showing others that are from you school how to be respectful. I learnt with Harold The Girraffe that if you do something right for e.g help them when they are having trouble. If you do that then you will fill you bucket but if you choose to do the wrong thing then you would end up not filling your bucket so I really loved what you have shared with the whole world. Thanks a lot. Letisha.
    P.S:
    If you would like to have a look on my blog just search up Kawakawa Blogs and then there would be a school called Tautoro. If you click on it then it would come up with all of the names on the right hand side of the page. Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, my name is grace and I am a student at owairaka primary school.I really like all of the different ideas that you guys had for being kind. It made me think of all the different thing I can do to be kind to others. If you would like to see my blog its http://odsgraceb.blogspot.co.nz/

    Blog ya later
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi room 7 i really like your designs its pretty cool to use on your learning and that what you done.thank you this blog really entertain me.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Kia Ora
    Hi there my name is Grace from Owairaka School. I really liked and enjoyed reading all your different drawings. I liked how you had different sections of where they were taken place. What I think you should work on is just giving a description about what was the process and how long did it take to do it. Over all it is very good and I hope you do this again. I would love for you to visit my blog at:
    Odsgraceb.blogspot.co.nz
    Blog you later.
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi my name is Rico and I go to Kawakawa Primary School. I really like how you created all of your stuff on your animation by yourself and not off the internet. It would be nice if you visited my blog and if you wanted to it is http://kpsricoc.blogspot.co.nz/ Bye.

    ReplyDelete